Expand my Community achievements bar.

Formatting Paragraphs of Text and Text Fields

Former Community Member

Greetings,

I have a difficult scenario that we haven't found a good solution for.  And i'm hoping to get a pointer in the right direction.

We have a lot of forms that have “paragraphs of text”, and the users need to “fill in the blanks”, which are text fields.

So for example,

Here is my paragraph of _____ and I’m going to continue typing ________ for a user to enter information into the _______, thanks!

So we have the text in “Text” objects, and the blanks in “Text Field” objects. The entire thing is wrapped in a Subform that is “Flowed” with “Western Text”.

The problem we are often encountering is that as a user enters information into the “Text Fields”, it doesn’t “wrap” to the next line.  So for example, if I type in the last text field above and it gets “too long”, it drops the entire text field onto its own line and the text gets all funky looking (not formatted like a normal paragraph anymore), instead of “wrapping” to the next line.

Anyone have experience with this?  Or know of a solution?

Thanks in advance,

GS

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

You should check out John Brinkman's v2 sample at http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2009/11/editable_floating_fields_v2.html

The floating fields are incorporated into a paragraph of text. The user fills in the floating fields. The objects to the right of hte form are just mirroring the data inputted to the floating fields and are not necessary in practice.

Good luck,

Niall