Expand my Community achievements bar.

Formatting for blank, within a form...

Level 1

Sorry, I don't know how better to describe it.

I would like a numeric field, to remain blank if it is not used.

And, if it is, to show values as currency with decimal places.

$5.49 for example if used, nothing, if zero value or not typed on.

Can't seem to find the formatting layout for that...

have tried $z.zz9.99, $z.zz, $z,zz.88 and a bunch of combos...

The idea being, if they do type on the form, great, and it's going to do some math for them and fill out the blanks.

But, if they want to print the form off, as a blank, and hand-write it later, I don't want the "$ 0.00" showing on the empty line...

Thanks!
Andrew

5 Replies

Level 10

When you're at the Display Patterns dialogue box click the "Allow Zero" checkbox.

Level 1

Ok, so I'm in Adobe LifeCycle Designer, v 8.05.

Opened my form again, picked the field (box) in question, which is set to be numerical.

In the object dialog over on the right, I get a drop down for display pattern, but that's about it.

I saw reference to this zero checkbox elsewhere in google, is this maybe a version thing, where 8,05 can't do it?

Thanks,

Andrew

Level 10

Ah, ya I think it did get moved around between versions...

So, in your Display Pattern add zero{} - if you've got another pattern in there separate them with a bar |.

Level 1

Thanks!

zero{}|$Z,ZZ.99

worked perfectly... I never would have found that zero option... are you aware of any docs on the web, that spell out all of those sorts of related options?

Thanks!

Andrew

Level 10

There's a Picture Clause Specification from Adobe but it doesn't mention the use of operators like zero{}. It's a handy document to have around.

Link to PDF:

http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/xml/picture_clause_2.0.pdf