Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form works perfectly, in Reader, in other acrobats, but not in Acrobat Pro 9???

Level 2

Hi,

I have a form I made in LiveCycle designer. It has radio buttons and when a radio button is clicked, it passes an object to a function that then expands a table and adds rows for each item. It works in Reader 10 and 11, but I just had a coworker test it in Acrobat Professional 9 and it doesn't populate the table!???

It gives this message

this.resolveNode("createTable").createTable(incis, "container") is not a function 28:XFA:form1[0]:#pageSet[0]:Page1[0]:RadioButtonList[0]:incision[0]:click

where createTable is the function and incis is the object passed, "container" is the table I'm affecting.

How can this not work? Is it the users computer possibly? I had her verify and it's definitely 9 professional.

Is there some bug in 9 professional? Is there a better syntax I should use?

12 Replies

Level 10

The createTable function seems to be a custom function, as there is no such function declared in the LC documentation.

So without seeing your form, It would'nt be possible to give an answer to your question.

Can you share your form somewhere (Acrobat.com, dropbox etc.) and post a link here?

Level 10

You can reference you script object in different ways.

The shortest is just:

createTable.createTable(incis, "container");

A longer one is:

xfa.resolveNode("xfa.form.form1.variables.createTable").createTable(incis, "container");

But I really would rename either the script object or the function, as it's not good to the same name for two different objects.

And you should turn off logging in the colsole with console.println() in the final form.

Btw: Is there any reason you put everything on the master page? Regulary you wouldn't put anything than the logo and some header or footers on such page.

Level 2

rad,

thanks for the help. this is my first foray into livecycle so I really don't know what the hell I'm doing. Hence everything on the master page. What did you mean by turning of logging in the console? Just that I should comment out or remove those lines?

I'll try this with that syntax and see if it helps.

Level 10

Well,

the master pages are used just for background things (repeated logos, headers and footers) and the basic layout (content areas) of the form.

All content is placed on a regular page.

Anyway, it will also work if everything is placed on a master page.

The logging should be commented out in the final form, as users may see the logs in the console.

Level 2

Rad,

Your syntax worked! the short one got it going! THanks! It's so hard to find documentation on this. The help files aren't super clear. Thanks for helping me sort it out. I know about master pages in InDesign, but I'm new to LiveCycle so I guess I just didn't realize I was putting everything there. Good to know it will still work as I don't want to change it now that it's working! Thanks!

Level 2

Rad,

So this may all be a moot point as I just realized that you cannot enable saving in LiveCycle like you can in Acrobat . So I think I'll have to go back to the drawing board....

Level 10

Designer indeed doesn't enable any additional rights on a form, it's just the designing tool. You have to open the form with Acrobat to add the rights for Reader.

Level 2

I tried that, but it still didn't want to save in reader. is there a limit with dynamic forms?

Level 10

Should be working.

Did you save the form with the menu "Advanced" > "Extend Features in Adobe Reader"?

http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/a9video_enabling_usage_rights

Level 2

I thought at first maybe it didn't work because of the fact that it is really a LiveCycle form under the hood