Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Form submitting even though required fields are empty

Level 1

I have created a form that has several mandatory fields, which are all showing up with red boarders around them.  When I try to submit the form without entering data into the first two mandatory fields on the form I get a pop-up box saying that not all of the required fields have been entered.  However, if I enter data in those two fields and try to submit the form it goes ahead and submits, even though there are many other fields on the form that are required and are showing up with the red box around them.  Why is my form able to submit even though these required fields have not been filled in?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Magus069  I decided to just write my own validation, I was just unable to get the mandatory fields to work correctly, thanks for the advice.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 1

I have found that if I have a radio button on my screen that mandatory fields below that button is not being validated.  If I move the mandatory field above that button it works fine.  Any ideas why the radio button is causing this problem?

Level 10

Hio there,

I must say that this is weird... I could take a look at your form if you'd like and see if I can do something about it..

Anyhow, if you don't want to waste your time with Adobe Validation I have created a snippet code which validates any form and is really flexible to use and easy to manipulate for specific validation.

Validation / Reset Functions, easy to manipulate and to change Forms!!!!

Take a look if you want.

Level 1

I have created a simple form that just has a radio button and a mandatory text field.  If I put the text field above the radio button the form works fine and if I don't enter data into the mandatory field the dialog box pops up saying "At least one required field is empty", however, if I put the text field below the radio button the form submits without validating that field.  I could send you this form if you like, but that is really all that is on it.  Do you have an email I can send it to?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 1

Magus069  I decided to just write my own validation, I was just unable to get the mandatory fields to work correctly, thanks for the advice.

Former Community Member

I experienced a similar issue with one of my forms but my issue was my code associated with my submit button. I had validation script and a script to email the form as xml in the same event.

I added a hidden button to hold the submit script and kept the validation on the visible button. If validation passes, it "clicks" the hidden button. If not, focus set on the first empty manadatory field.