Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form Received Is Jibberish

Level 1

I am such a novice that I didn't even know what forum to submit this question to. This is my problem that I hope you can lend some simple-non programmer type solutions to. I have lucked up on being able to creat great forms in Abode Acrobat Pro LiveCycle, the however when I place the 'submit by email button',I expected to receive a completed form that looks like the one they fill out, but instead I receive what looks like coding language and then over to the right of it, is the answer they have typed in. How can I set this up (simply) to just receive the actual completed form in PDF format when they select the 'submit by email button'. PLEASE help. Thank you!!

2 Replies

Level 3

Rather than using the "submit by email" button that is available in the standard library, you can use

the "button" and set it up to submit the form as a PDF by email.

Add the button,

On the OBJECT>FIELD palette, choose SUBMIT as Control type.  A SUBMIT page appears on the palette.Choose PDF from the SUBMIT AS dropdown and add your email address to the SUBMIT BY URL text field.

Hope this helps

Level 1

You are the greatest!! Thank you so very much for explaining what I needed to do very clearly. It worked!! I'm now a form maker hero