Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

form created in ES4 won't save data entered in acrobat readerXI

Level 1

I have created a large form in Live Cycle Designer ES4. If I save the form as a pdf and open it in Acrobat Reader XI I get the message that I cannot save data entered in the form only print it. All I want to do is to put the form on our web site for people to download, complete, save and e-mail it back to me. I did consider an alternative method which is if I distribute the form and take the distributed pdf and save it locally, when it is opened in Reader you get the submit button on teh purple bar on teh right hand side. This will confuse a lot of our users so if there is a way to not have the submit button then that would work but how do I stop the submit button appearing on the purple bar?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

You have to Reader-enable the form. You can do this in Acrobat 11 by opening the form in Acrobat and selecting: File > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools

Reader 11 can save non-enabled AcroForms (forms created in Acrobat), but not non-enabled XFA forms (forms created in LiveCycle Designer).

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

You have to Reader-enable the form. You can do this in Acrobat 11 by opening the form in Acrobat and selecting: File > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools

Reader 11 can save non-enabled AcroForms (forms created in Acrobat), but not non-enabled XFA forms (forms created in LiveCycle Designer).

Level 1

George,

Thank you so much.  I have searched all over the Internet for this answer.  All others spoke of some reader extensions that I needed to purchase.  Yours was the first sensible answer that worked!

Mike

Level 7

I know this has been solved and in case someone stumbles onto this later, for Acrobat Pro X it is slightly different - File > Save As > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Additional Features.