Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Forcing link in one web based PDF to open link to another PDF in new browser window

Level 1

We have created a form using LiveCycle Designer ES2.  The form is found on our website and is used by faculty to submit proposal information to our office.  Depending upon the answers to questions in the form if they say yes we had a link to another form that we would like them to complete and submit with the original PDF that they are working on.  The problem that we are having is that when they click on the form it opens the new PDF and all the data that they had entered in the original PDF is gone once the new form opens up.  Is there a way to force the new PDF via the use of some scripting that can go along with the link, or via the use of a button that can force the new form to open in a new browser window?  It is impractical for us to expect 1500 faculty members to change their browser settings to open new PDF's in a new window.  We have removed the links for now and have just put in text that says if they select yes they need to go out and complete the additional form.

The form we are using can be found here: http://spo.usu.edu/files/uploads/SP-01.pdf

The first three questions on page two where we reference the other forms is where we would like to be able to add the links to the new forms and have them open in a new browser window.  When the form is downloaded and opened in Adobe Acrobat/Reader the links functioned correctly, it just did not function properly when it opens in a browser.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer in regards to this issue.

2 Replies

Former Community Member

I used a button, removed the border/fill properties and underlined the caption to look like a URL.

The click event is...

// form1.page1.subform1.urlBtn::click - (JavaScript, client)

app.launchURL("http://spo.usu.edu/files/uploads/SP-01.pdf",true);

The PDF will open in a new window or tab, depending upon the browser configuration.

Steve

Level 1

Thank you Steve, I actually just saw your reply not sure why I didn't see it until now. This will be very helpful.