Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Font issue when generating PDF

Level 2

Hi,

I'm having an issue trying to generate a PDF using the generatePDFOutput component of the OutputService.  When this step of my sample process is encountered, no PDF is generated, and I see a stream of these errors in the logs:

Failed to locate Adobe Font information. Please check your Adobe Font location settings

Looking further up the log, I also see this:

com.adobe.fontmanager.FontManagerException: ALC-FMR-001-003:FontManager: Adobe Server Font Directory null/empty string

Having checked in the admin console, I can verify that my "Adobe Server Fonts" and "System Fonts" directories are set correctly (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\fonts and C:\WINDOWS\Fonts respectively).  I'm running against a JBoss turnkey installation on XP, if that's at all pertinent.  Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?

2 Replies

Level 7

Even though the folders are set, are there fonts in those folders?

Also, avoid spaces in folder names.  Move the fonts to a folder path with no spaces, reset the paths in AdminUI, re-start server, and try to see if the problem goes away.

Level 2

Thanks for your input - it appears that the issue was actually due to a failure accessing IDP on startup.  I'm guessing that the Font Manager couldn't pull its configuration from the database, hence the null/empty entry for the server font location.