Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

First time form designer - duplicating subform

Level 1

This is the first time that I have used Adobe to create anything.  My background comes from Microsoft Access.  I'm creating an order form and could use some help with whether or not to scrap this first try.  The users will be saving each order and emailing them in as a pdf attachement.  Sometimes they have multiple order that go together.  In that case, I would like to be able to duplicate the design of the form onto multiple pages depending on how many the user needs.  I believe I may have shot myself in the foot though by not using a table to set everything up.  When I change my subform to "flowed", I lose all of my formatting.  Also, I'm not sure if using text fields for all of the item names was the correct thing to do.  Perhaps I should have used just plain "text" instead?

If I am going about this the wrong way, does anyone have a few helpful tips to nudge me in the right direction.  LiveCycle is fascinating, but I jumped in head-first and now I'm floundering a bit.

https://acrobat.com/#d=ZzmGsPEj6W0ijJrORgQJiQ

2 Replies

Former Community Member

No your design is fine .....first thing to do is name the unmaed subform that holds all of your content. I called it Page1. Now save the form as a dynamic PDF (file/saveas and choose dynamic PDF). Now highlight the Page1 node in the hierarchy view and in the Object palette click on the Binding tab. Click on the Repeat subform for each data item checkbox. Now your form is ready to duplicate pages. You can use the command

Page1.instanceManager.addInstance(1)

Typically I add a button so the user can indicate when they want to add a page (by clicking the button hence you can put the code on the click event of that button.

If you post your email address I will send you my modified sample.

paul

Level 1

Paul,

First off, thanks for your speedy reply!

I followed your tips and was able to correct my problem.  I had not clicked on the Repeat subform for each data item checkbox.  It's working perfectly now with a button at the bottom by the rest of my buttons.  Such a simple fix for something that I tried to research for several days before asking for help...