Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fillable Form

Level 1

Hi Forum,

Ok, so I want to do a new fillable form where when you look at the form it is already filled in

i.e. "Please Type Name Here"

and when you click in the text field the "Please Type Name Here" disappears and you can type your name.

I know I might sound silly and it's probably something that is so easy I just can't figure out, but if anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks!

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

You can do this bt selecting the textfield object and going to the Object > Field palette. Click the pattern button and type in a null pattern. Then test.

If you look at the example here, on page 2 there is are fields on the right with a null patterns:

http://www.assuredynamics.com/index.php/category/portfolio/laying-out-form-objects/

I have also included some script that is completely optional, where the null font is lighter and italic, whereas when the user inputs data it appears bolder.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 1

Hi again,

I tried it and it worked. Although I am completely unfamiliar with scripting I used your instructions to navigate and figure out where I need to do it (that scripting list thing at the top). I'm working on the null font being lighter and italic, hopefully I can do it.

Thanks again,

Melissa