Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fields not being submitted?

Level 1

HI,

I have a form that has three text fields which are flowed on a page and set to expand to fit their content.

I have the content of these fields being set using Javascript, basically they are note fields which are automatically populated based on the selections the user makes.

At runtime all the text fields grow as expected and the content is there. However as soon as the form is submitted the content is not shown in the XML response file and there is no node in the XML that represents each of the note fields, all the other form fields are present and contain the entered data as expected. If I reopen the document to view the completed form all other fields maintain thier data and display correctly but the three text fields I have are empty. I can't figure out why this is?

Does this have something to do with flowing, or the fact that these fields are on different pages?

Anybody?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The issue is with the binding ....on teh Object palette there is a BInding tab. Click on that tab and under the Default Binding section I bet yours is set to None. Change it to Normal and it will now be included in the data file.

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The issue is with the binding ....on teh Object palette there is a BInding tab. Click on that tab and under the Default Binding section I bet yours is set to None. Change it to Normal and it will now be included in the data file.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks Paul!

I dont know why i didn't think of this... But yep that sure fixed it!

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----