Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Field won't take or submit data

Former Community Member

I have a form that I'm trying to update in a certain in-house web application.

My problem is that the first field on the form seems not to exist.  I can view the field and its properties in the Designer, and the associated XML source looks valid, but when I export or submit the form data nothing gets exported or submitted for the first field.  If I try to open the PDF with data via an xdp file, the first field doesn't get filled, though the rest do.

I seem to have success by deleting the field and adding a new one, but this seems to drastically increase the file size (90 kb to at least 133kb, sometimes 300kb).

Am I missing something obvious that will make that field export and import its data?

Alternatively, is there a way to reduce the size of my PDF after I delete and re-create the field?

Thanks,
Kyle

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

Check is your field binded or not. Maybebecause of bibding you can get posted field data.

Sometimes after copy/paste some elements on form, xml source of the form becomes little bit wrong, it starts to have a lot rows like this:

<?templateDesigner StyleID aped0?>, because of this form size could be more than 1 MB, solution is to remove unncessary rows.

BR,

Paul Butenko

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi,

Check is your field binded or not. Maybebecause of bibding you can get posted field data.

Sometimes after copy/paste some elements on form, xml source of the form becomes little bit wrong, it starts to have a lot rows like this:

<?templateDesigner StyleID aped0?>, because of this form size could be more than 1 MB, solution is to remove unncessary rows.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Former Community Member

Binding.  That did it, thanks.

As for the file size, there was only one <?templateDesigner StyleID aped0?> line in the XML, and when I deleted it and saved the file it grew by 43 kb.  Actually, it looks like every time I save the file it grows by about that much, even if I just change a field property (like, say, binding) or name.

Is that normal for LiveCycle Designer forms?

Thanks,
Kyle