Expand my Community achievements bar.

Failed to deploy LCA

Level 2

Hello,

I'd like to appolgize in advance if my question is not clear enough.

I'm deploying the LiveCycle ES on WebSphere on a remote Linux server, connecting to Oracle 11g database and I can successfully access the LiveCycle console.

I'm facing a problem deploying the LiveCycle components (jar files), all files are successfully deployed except for (adobe-launchpad-assets.lca).

I get an error "failed to deploy LCA /opt/adobe/adobe_livecycle_es2/deploy/adobe-launchpad-assets.lca"

I also get another error for (adobe-auditworkflow-dsc.jar), saying that it is deployed but not running.

I tried solving the problem by restarting the application server and re-deploy the jar files, but no luck.

If there's anything else I should be providing, please just tell me what it is and how i can find it.

Thank you.

5 Replies

Employee

Hi,

Can you please specify the version of your WebSphere application server?

Thanks,

Suhas Yogin

Level 3

Hi,

As I understand from the problem description the following two LiveCycle components are not yet deployed/running on your system.

a) adobe-launchpad-assets.lca

b) adobe-auditworkflow-dsc.jar

For the first one, do the following steps:

1) Login to LiveCycle administrative console.

2) Go to Services > Applications and Services > Application Management

3) Select adobe-launchpad-assets.lca (Name: Launchpad Assets (system)) from the list and remove it.

For the second one, do the following steps:

1) Launch LiveCycle Workbench ES2 and connect to your LiveCycle server.

2) Open the Components view.

3) Right click on AuditWorkflowDSC component and uninstall it (Stop Component first and then uninstall, if the component appears to be running).

Now, relaunch LCM and try to run the 'LiveCycle Component Deployment' step again.

All the components should deploy successfully.

If they still fail, then, for first one use LiveCycle's administrative console screen from which you removed the lca to 'Import' it again.

And for second one, use LiveCycle Workbench's Component view from which you uninstalled the dsc to install it again.

Thanks

Level 2

I'm using WebSphere Application Server 7

Thanks for helping

Level 2

Hey,

Thanks for your reply, it really helped.

The second problem is solved thanks to you, but the first one still exists.

I followed your first instructions but the same error pops, so i'm trying the second solution which is using the console to import the lca again.

When i try to import the (adobe-launchpad-assets.lca) file, i get an error that says "Error previewing archive: 'org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: initial and forwarded IOR inaccessible vmcid: IBM minor code: E07 completed: No'"

Thank you

Former Community Member

Hi

How did you solve fail to deploy LCA and LCES2 components jar files?

I am using

WAS server v 7.0.0.9

LCES2

oracle 10 g at other server

jdk 1.6

. I got the fail deploy jar file for LCES2 components and LCA files.

most of my error log are here:

[11/23/10 11:54:38:167 SGT] 0000007a Configuration E
org.alfresco.repo.admin.ConfigurationChecker check Ensure that the 'dir.root' property is pointing to the correct data location.

[11/23/10 12:15:51:243 SGT] 00000011 FfdcProvider
I com.ibm.ws.ffdc.impl.FfdcProvider logIncident FFDC1003I: FFDC Incident emitted on
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\logs\ffdc\server1_49cf49cf_10.11.23_12.15.51.180358862531674094373.txt
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.notifyServletContextCreated 1341

[2010-11-23 13:25:02,622], SEVERE, Thread-117, com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.ValidateDSCDeploymentTask, Task failed
com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.core.LCMException[ALC-LCM-035-301]: LCA deployment failed validation.
LCA C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\deploy\adobe-livecycle-launchpad.lca is not deployed.

[11/23/10 14:35:29:009 SGT] 00000118 LocalExceptio E   CNTR0020E: EJB threw an unexpected (non-declared)
exception during invocation of method "doRequiresNew" on bean "BeanId(LiveCycleES2#adobe-dscf.jar#EjbTransactionCMTAdapter, null)".
Exception data: com.adobe.idp.DocumentError: java.lang.Error: IP Helper Library GetIfTable function failed

[11/23/10 14:35:29:119 SGT] 00000118 Document    
E com.adobe.idp.Document getLocalHostId TRAS0014I:
The following exception was logged java.lang.Error: IP Helper Library GetIfTable function failed

com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.core.LCMException[ALC-LCM-030-300]: Failed to deploy LCA
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\deploy\adobe-process-management-system.lca
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\deploy\adobe-navigators.lca
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\deploy\adobe-livecycle-launchpad.lca
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\deploy\adobe-reviewandcommenting.lca
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\deploy\adobe-emailNotification.lca
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\deploy\adobe-launchpad-assets.lca
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\deploy\adobe-printPDFPackage.lca
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\deploy\adobe-guides.lca
C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\deploy\adobe-share-forwarded-tasks-to-shared-queue-users.lca.
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployLCAs.deployLCAFiles(DeployLCAs.java:187)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployLCAs.deployLCA(DeployLCAs.java:146)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCsTask$ActualTask.<init>(DeployDSCsTask.java:99)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.feature.deployment.DeployDSCsTask$1.construct(DeployDSCsTask.java:56)
    at com.adobe.livecycle.lcm.core.tasks.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:114)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.alfresco.error.AlfrescoRuntimeException: The store 'avm://sitestore' has a duplicate root node entry.

[11/23/10 15:24:59:916 SGT] 0000011b webapp        E
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp notifyServletContextCreated SRVE0283E: Exception caught while initializing context: {0}
[11/23/10 15:24:59:869 SGT] 0000011b ServerLifeCyc E com.adobe.service.ServerLifeCycleListener
contextInitialized TRAS0014I: The following exception was logged java.lang.Error: IP Helper Library GetIfTable function failed

ALC-DSC-012-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service: ApplicationManager not found

R ALC-DSC-012-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.ServiceNotFoundException: Service: IDPSchedulerService not found.

Anyidea, please help me.

Regards,

Ei Wah