Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Extra, unwanted rows generated with Reader Extensions

Level 2

I have a table with a header row, 4 body rows, and a footer row. When I display it in Reader, it appears exactly as created:

Before Extensions.png

But when I do a Save As > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Additional Features and display it again in Reader, several unwanted rows appear:

After Extensions.png

Can anyone suggest what might be causing this?

Thanks, Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks a million, Niall - that was it. I'm not sure how it happened, but three of the rows had the Repeat box checked. It's working perfectly now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Do you have script in the layout:ready event, the docReady event or the initialize event? In particular anything that sets the number of rows. These events fire twice, once the form has been Reader Enabled and the form is opened in Acrobat or Reader.

Niall

Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion Niall. Here's what's in those events:

• layout:ready - nothing
  • docReady - initializing a couple of buttons:
    • Page1.sfEmpSub.SubmitToAdmin.presence = "invisible";

• Page1.sfEmpSub.SubmitToMgr.presence = "invisible";

• initialize - just the generated stuff:
    • ColorFieldsValidation.InitializeColorFields();

I can't see anything that would likely cause this problem, but I'll try to narrow it down by a process of elimination and post back.

Steve

Level 10

Hi Steve,

I can't see any script to add or delete rows. Is the table intended to be dynamic, where the user can add more rows OR is it static, with a fixed number of rows?

If it is the latter, then select the Rows and in the Object > Binding palette, make sure that Repeat instances is NOT ticked.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks a million, Niall - that was it. I'm not sure how it happened, but three of the rows had the Repeat box checked. It's working perfectly now.