Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

'Extend Features in Adobe Reader' causes additional rows to appear in pdf

Level 2

Afternoon,

I have a table set up where i have add/delete rows at 3 points within the table, as i have 3 headings within the table.  This was created in Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.2...I want the form to flow onto the next page which works fine, it is saved as Dynamic XML form.

Now I require the form to be filled out by users using Adobe Reader 9, and to do this i open the form in Adobe Acrobat 9 and then save a copy after selecting 'Extend Features in Adobe Reader'...However when i now go and open this file, rows that were not initially in the form appear below the final add/delete row buttons...as if someone has press add row 10 times.

Any ideas what is causing the form to change?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I woudl need to see your form design to know what is happening .....can you send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Please include a description of how to reproduce the issue with the email.

Thanks

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I woudl need to see your form design to know what is happening .....can you send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look when I get a chance.

Please include a description of how to reproduce the issue with the email.

Thanks

Paul

Level 1

I had quite the same case. After extending document for Acrobat Reader there were tables with doubled headers and also

multiple rows - yes, exactly three ones

I solved the problem by setting occurence for each object in Object menu -> Binding -> Repeat .... for Each Data Item.

Regards,

Sylwester Zacheja

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----