Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Exporting form data to a spreadsheet with repeating dynamic table rows

Level 9

My form has a table near the top that has a table row that repeats when a button is clicked. Some users of the form click that button only once and others may click it twice or several times. How do I export data when the same form may contain various number of these fields?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Each instance of the repeating row will have its own set of columns in the spreadsheet. So if one of the returned forms had five instances of the repeating row, then the merged spreadsheet would have five sets of columns. Where one of the returns had only one instance, then it would only contain data in the first set of columns in the spreadsheet.

Hope that helps,

Niall

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Each instance of the repeating row will have its own set of columns in the spreadsheet. So if one of the returned forms had five instances of the repeating row, then the merged spreadsheet would have five sets of columns. Where one of the returns had only one instance, then it would only contain data in the first set of columns in the spreadsheet.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 9

Follow up question:

If I export three forms at the same time to a spreadsheet. Only one of the forms has a dynamically created row. Acrobat puts the column for the "additonal" dynamically created row as the very last column because the other two forms do not have that row. Is this working as it should?

~Don

Level 10

Hi Don,

I suspect so, particularly if there isn't a min count for the dynamic row. In that the first two forms do not have an instance of the repeating row at all (eg they know nothing of the repeating row as it is not in the form template when the form is rendered).

The third form has an instance, but this is placed at the end of the spreadsheet, because the other forms do not match that structure.

Niall