I am creating a number for dynamic PDF forms for my company and need some help. I've learned the basics of livecycle, but have run into a number of issues. I've attached some screenshots to help illustrate how I have the form set up.
1. The first issue i am having is under the name and company, i want these fields to be expandable, but every time i select everything in the subform, at aligns and stacks everything to the left. I want it to stay where i have it.
2. The next issue is under the CC i have an expandable text field where we type in all the descriptions, so there will be many paragraphs, and i would like this to flow to the next page. As you can see in the screenshot, that text field (directly below the "CC") and everything below it is a subform. It expands the way it is supposed to, but it refuses to flow to the next sheet like it should. Can someone please explain this?
3. The final issue is we have a report form that needs images along with text. Basically, the way this one is set up is in the report section, we number the items that we find in the field, take pictures, and write descriptions to go along with the pictures. The number of items we find can range from two to ten to two. Is there a way I can set up a form that will allow someone writing a report to insert a picture, write a description, and go to the next item, insert a picture, write a description and so one. Would be great if it would autonumber itself also. I may not be explaining this one in the best way so please let me know if i need to make for sense of it.
Thanks in advance!
Aren't Livecycle forms awesome and annoying at the same time hehe.
1. Changing a form to flowable always shifts everything to the left, thats just how it is. My workaround for this is to build the whole form into multiple tables. You can still reference them in your code, but you have control over where things are positioned. Use blank tables for spacing in the form. Use multiple tables because the columns will always be connected even if you merge them. If you have two items you want to have in a row, make a table with more columns than needed eg. 4 columns - first item, small space column, second item, space to end.
2. Does it just appear to flow off the bottom of the form and not create a new page?? This will be because you need to select Allow Page Breaks within Content on the Object > Value tab. Any item that is bigger than the available space will move continue on a new page.
3. Not sure i quite follow your explanation, but it sounds like you want to repeat the subform. By adding a button and adding new instances of a subform, you can have new reports in new blank fields.
If you do use repeating subforms, you can number the instances simply with a textField initialize event:
this.rawValue = yourSubFormName.instanceIndex + 1;
Why +1? Because the instance count starts at 0. By doing this, the first instance of the subform will be numbered 1.
I wont go into creating repeating subforms because that is a much larger topic