Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Executing script on the host browser.

Level 2

How to call the javascript function of the browser on which the Adobe Document/Form is rendered. For Example, on click of Close on the Adobe Form, I want to close the browser.

Thanks

Naren

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Naren.

There is a messageHandler property, which from the documentation "This object describes an API exposed to the object model of a container application that allows sending and receiving messages from an embedded PDF document. For example, when a PDF document is embedded in an HTML document using the <OBJECT> tag, the PDF object is scripted in the browser scripting context."

http://livedocs.adobe.com/acrobat_sdk/9.1/Acrobat9_1_HTMLHelp/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href...

I've sent messages from an html page to a PDF but it does say you can receive messages, however there was not much documentation on this and I never used it in the live project so can't really help.

But might be a place to start looking?

Bruce