Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

exclude fields from taborder

Level 4

Hi everyone

I am missing the old feature in LC designer 7.1 to mark an active field as not being part of the taborder. Have anyone found a way to set this up in LC designer 8.2

We have many forms with open fields that we fill out automatic when the user opens the form - this can be edited, but mostly will not be. We therefore want the user to start in the first field. But before we can leave the page the taborder will return to these fields - we want it to go to next page. I hope this is included in the new taborder, and do not need to be coded.

please help!!

Thomas, Jyske Bank

5 Replies

Level 10

You can set a field as Protected which will remove it from tab order.

To force tabbing to a specific field you can use the xfa.host.setFocus() function.

Level 4

Hi

I just think it is a step backwards!

In designer 7.1 it was possible to mark fields as not active (Holding a key down and clicking the field) in the taborder, but still having the open so that the user could select it in rare cases.

Anyone know of a similiar thing to do. I do not like to use code and make xfa.host.setFocus() function between the pages to force it.

Thomas G

Jyske Bank

Level 1

In case you wanna skip an image field in taborder, you can wrap the image field in subform and set the subform to protected.

I had to do this because in the forms im creating it was possible to tab into an imagefield and when you pressed enter, it was possible to load any image to that field.

Sorry for bumping up an old thread,i thought this might help somebody in the future.

-jojotin

Level 10

Hi,

Another option is to use an "Image" object, instead of an "ImageField" object. That way it does not form part of the tabbing order and the user cannot change the image. It's like static text.

If you want to use an ImageField (for scripting) but don't want the user to be able to change the image, then you can set the access in the docReady event:

this.access = "readOnly";

N. 

Level 1

I thought that the readOnly in docReady would work aswell but it doesnt not atleast in my case, it's still accessible after the readOnly is inserted in the docReady, that's why i had to find some workaround. I also wondered myself why they are imagefields instead of plain images, thats just the way im told to do so havent really tried the plain image.

Sorry for my maybe a bit confusing response earlier. Maybe someone sometimes encounters same problem as me, so it can be of help