Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Error when adding WebcamSubscriber to spark.components::View

Level 2

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when trying to add a WebcamSubscriber to a spark.components::View as soon as I launch the app.

Sample code

Thanks,

Mick

10 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi,

Where is the ConnectSession ? You need to have a connectsession first after login to LCCS service in any app and pass that connectSession to any component e.g. <rtc:WebcamSubscriber id="webcamSubscriber" connectSession="{your session instance}" />

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

It doesn't even allow me to login at all because it actually throws an exception right as soon as I launch a debugging session from FB.

Former Community Member

That’s because you don’t have a connectSession. Use a connectSession or a connectSessionContainer first and then think about any adding any camera or other components. You should See one of our examples such as LoginDialog, DefaultPods in sampleApps folder and run them first. You will then automatically realize how to add the components.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi Mark,

Also can you send us the code where you logging to the connectSession ? I mean the code that is creating this view component.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

Hironmay, just emailed you the code to your adobe account.

Former Community Member

Hi,

Yes I got that. I am in process of trimming the code and running it on my code and will update you about the results.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hi Mick,

Since I didn’t have many of your components like FemaModel etc and I am using 4.1 that doesn’t have view , I trimmed your files a bit somewhat to run them almost exactly similar to the way you ran it and it works fine for me. If there is something specific to Flex 4.5 ( we don't support it yet), I will have to take a look at that again. Here are your modified components, you will get an idea , how you should add the components and change them. I replaced the WebcamSubscriber with WebCamera just to see that camera is working in VideoCalll, you can use subscriber too as I have verified that also works fine

Also My take is , if this works for you and replacing the VGroup( what i did in VideoCall) by your View doesnt work, then its something to do with Flex 4.5. Let me know the results. Attached are modified Login and VideoCall Files.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

must be Flex 4.5 .... could you please test the attached?

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have a windows and I cant verify this. I downloaded the Hero SDK 4.5 from opensource website but I could never get get the s:MobileApplication component. What should I do to get the s:MobileApplication working in a Flash Builder 2.

Moreover, we dont support that SDK as its the first drop. We would definitely investigate this , but a support for this SDK wont come anytime soon. Though let me know you could get the s:MobileApplication working in Flash Builder. I can then run your original s:View files.

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

Just wanna close out this thread. For now, I just went ahead and use the Flash only swc and things are working great! Thanks Hironmay.