Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email Submit button works in Acrobat but not Reader

Level 2

I have a form with an email submit button.  When those who have Adobe Reader click on the Submit button, nothing happens.  For the users with Acrobat, the submit button works as designed. The users all have the latest version of Reader, Java and Flash.  When the Acrobat users click the button a box appears asking them to select Desktop or Internet email.  Once they make a selection, the form is sent.  When the Reader users click the button nothing happens.  I'm sure there must be a setting somewhere that I need to adjust.  Can you help me?

21 Replies

Level 1

I've been searching all day for an answer to this Email Submit Button problem (button not working for users with Adobe Reader only) and finally what Niall said worked for me!!!  "go to the Advanced menu (in version 9) and select "Extend features in Acrobat Reader" and save the form with an amended name. Then send this new "Reader extended" form out to the users with Reader and they will be able to return the completed PDF." Try this Susan, it worked for me!

Here are the screenshots to from my Acrobat 8 Professional:

advanced menu.jpgsave now.jpg