Expand my Community achievements bar.

Email Subject Field: Application Request for "ApplicantName"

Level 1

I am creating an application user access request form.  My delema is my code for the email subject line to include the ApplicantName (a field within the form).  I am new to this application so my knowledge is very limited.  Would someone be able to assist me in fixing my code?  FYI, I reviewed previous threads regarding this subject and used some code from one of the examples.

Thank you,

CRMULLE2

6 Replies

Level 6

Please see the below thread for more info on this: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2109208#2109208

Paul explained various options for the email in his pdf. Hope this will help.

Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  The thread you provided is where I originally pulled my code from.  I am not able to identify why my code isn't work.  Any help would be appreciated.

crmulle2

Level 6

From ur code, In the subject i removed last two quotes and worked, bcz there is no + sign so its invalid. use the subject like

cSubject: "Access Request form for " + ApplicantName.rawValue

RAGHU.

Level 1

Thank you for your help!

crmulle2

Level 1

I continue to have issues with this code.  The error I receive now is as follows:

Unsupported script language ¢application/x-javascript in contentType Tag; context is xfa[0].form[0].form1[0].#submform[0].emailsubmitbutton1[0]

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

crmulle2

Level 10

Hi, 

Paste the following code in the preSubmit event of the EmailSubmit button control.

var strSubject = "Access Request form for " + ApplicantName.rawValue;

var

strBody = "This is Body";

var

strToEmailAddress = "carolyn.r.mullenbach@wellsfargo.com";

this.resolveNode("#event").submit.target

= "mailto:" + strToEmailAddress + "?subject=" + strSubject + "&body=" + strBody;

If you want to send the PDF file as an attachment in the email, you need to place a Button control on the form instead of Email Submit button.

Change the Control type of the button to Submit.

You can change the Submit As value to PDF/ XML/ XDP based on your need.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Srini