Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Email editable livecycle form as pdf attachment

Level 1

Hello,

I've been reading the threads, but can't find the answer to this question. I have LiveCycle Designer 8.2 ES and want to create a editable PDF form that visitors can fill in on my website. Once they complete the form they should be able to click on a button and email the form as a PDF. Currently the file is sent as an XML file. Per some of the threads I have tried changing the form type from XML to PDF and after doing so when the visitor clicks on the email button nothing happens. I even tried replacing the EMAIL SUBMIT button w/ a standard BUTTON and still nothing happens when the button is clicked. By the way, when i added the standard button I changed the button to a SUBMIT type and also added a MAILTO: in the URL field. Is there a way to do this? Seems to be pretty simple, right?

Thanks,

Troy

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

per default the amail submit button alsways sends xml.

To send as pdf select the submit button and switch to the XML source.

There you will find a tag <submit..> where you can change the format to pdf.

SubmitPDF.png

To make this work in Adobe Reader you also have to apply the Usage Rights with Acrobat.

Level 1

I've tried changing the the xml source. However, I didn't change the usage rights in Acrobat. I have Acrobat 9. Can you tell me the steps for the Acrobat part?

Thanks Much,

Troy

Level 10

Goto "Advanced" > "Extend Features in Adobe Reader" ans save the form.

Level 1

This worked! Thanks. Now I'm having a problem with Mac user's being able to submit the form. Any ideas?