Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Elements flowing to next page hides the subsequent elments

Level 2

Hi,

I have 2 subform vertically placed adjacent to each other withing the main subform.

Subform1(positioned,allow page break,continous filling the previous page,int he content area)

subform2(flowed)

textfield1(var length)

textfiled2(var lenght)

textfiled3 (filxed length)

textfield4(fixed length)

subform3(having textfield with fixed length)(positioned)

Now my problem is as textfiled1 and textfield2 are of variable length in subform2 so when they hv lot of data that makes form to flow to next page, in this case data flows to next page but hides the textfiled3 and textfield4.

I am sure this is the problem of the setting of the layout, please suggest something

Thanks

Pooja

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the corrected form.. Let me know if this helps...

https://acrobat.com/#d=IrPMaJTioS2OfKN7T1Kf6A

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Did you set the root subform (for example Page1) to be Flowed?

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

In your form, you need to set the Subform1 to be flowed. Then set each of the TextField in Subform2 to Allow Multiple Lines and then check the Expand to Fit for Height in the Layout Properties.

In the Preview tab of the form Properties, set it to Dynamic XML Form and test it..

If you still have issues, please me know..

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Hi,

When I set the property of the subform1 as flowed , thw content is flowign perfectly but the problem is i have 2 inner subform within subform1 that are placed vertically adjacent to each other, so making the subform1 flowed result in subform2 and subform3 to come one afetr the other which we dont want.

Can you suggest the solution.

Pooja

Level 10

Set the Flow Direction to Western Text on Subform1.. That can help..

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Hi,

Now the 2 subforms are vertically with each other every time, textfields are expanding but both of them are expanding on top of each other ,means text field 3nd 4 are constant fixed position and textfield1 and 2 are expanding on top of them .

I havemailed you the form as well, cal you have a look at it.

Pooja

Correct answer by
Level 10

Here is the corrected form.. Let me know if this helps...

https://acrobat.com/#d=IrPMaJTioS2OfKN7T1Kf6A

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for pdf, yes this is what I was looking for,now one more doubt in this case second vertical form subfor3 shifts to the next page as well, I dont want this to happen, I want this to be remained on the same page only subform2 flows to next page

OR

can it possible that content of subform flows in the subform3 side first and then expand to next page, as term and condition page where data is displayed ina pdf form in 2 column layout, when column1 fills till the page end then it flowd first to page1 column 2 side and then flows to page2 column1 . Can this be possible in this case, as out main requirement is to display the term and conditions in the form.

This would be great help.

Pooja