Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Dynamically Created Table Row Delete Button

Level 9

In the form linked below, I can't get one of the buttons to work correctly.

At the bottom of the form there is a table and on the far right a green + button. Clicking this button adds an update row. That row when it appears has a deletion button on the left (red with white "X"). If I click that deletion button it works fine. But if i create several of these update rows, clicking the delete button on the third instance deletes the first instance instead of the third instance. How do I fix this?

https://acrobat.com/#d=4mzuO1Pjz-0Z4ntuLZAy4w

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

On the remove button you need to modify the parameter passed in the removeInstance.

removeInstance(this.parent.parent.index - 1);

when you simply state this.parent.index it is referring to Subform3 which there is only ever one instance.  You are adding instances of Row1[1] therefore you need to go up one more level.  this.parent.parent.index.   Because you have are using  Row1[1] then you need to use -1 as well otherwise is will be the wrong instance

If you had named each Row uniquely then you could use this.parent.parent.index (without the -1).

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

On the remove button you need to modify the parameter passed in the removeInstance.

removeInstance(this.parent.parent.index - 1);

when you simply state this.parent.index it is referring to Subform3 which there is only ever one instance.  You are adding instances of Row1[1] therefore you need to go up one more level.  this.parent.parent.index.   Because you have are using  Row1[1] then you need to use -1 as well otherwise is will be the wrong instance

If you had named each Row uniquely then you could use this.parent.parent.index (without the -1).

Level 9

That works great. I never understood that concept until now thanks to you. Thanks for taking the time to help and educate.

~Don