Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Dynamic Table - How do I add a row above current row?

Level 2

I have a document index.  When I receive a new document, I add it to my index in reverse chronological order.  I want to select a button to add a new row above the selected row.

Currently, I can add a row to the bottom of my table.  I cannot get moveInstance to actually move the new line.

The Add Row button and script is:

this.parent.parent.instanceManager.addInstance(true);
   this.parent.parent.moveInstance(1,0);

Here's a screenshot of the structure.  I have three dynamic tables, each with the same behavior.  I'm not a programmer but I'm working through this project with lots of tutorials.

When I select the + button, I get a new row at the bottom of the table.  I'd like it the row above it's current row.

clintalba_0-1585860096120.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

that's quite simple:

var i = this.parent.parent.index,
	j;

PartB._Row1.addInstance(true); // add new row
j = PartB._Row1.count - 1; // get index of last row. It's the one that was just added.
PartB._Row1.moveInstance(j, i); // move it above the current row

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi, 

that's quite simple:

var i = this.parent.parent.index,
	j;

PartB._Row1.addInstance(true); // add new row
j = PartB._Row1.count - 1; // get index of last row. It's the one that was just added.
PartB._Row1.moveInstance(j, i); // move it above the current row

Level 2

1) I was formatting and designing this under the Master Pages and I think that was causing issues with the moveInstance.

2) Here's what I came up with for adding a row above after much searching and using the ideas posted here:

Code

//Add Instance Above Selected Button
var rowIndex = this.parent.parent.index; //What row is the button I just clicked on?
var rowNew = this.resolveNode('Part_B._Row1').addInstance(1); //Add new row
var rowCount = this.resolveNode('Part_B._Row1').count - 1; //How many instances do I now have? Subtract 1 to make it an index
var rowNewIndex = rowNew.index; //Where is this new instance?
_Row1.moveInstance(rowNewIndex,rowIndex); //Move the new instance above!!!!!

if (xfa.host.version < {
xfa.form.recalculate(1);
}

clintalba_0-1588194593874.png

Level 2
How can I make this script more efficient? I had to edit the Part_B portions when I reused it in two other subforms, but otherwise, worked great!