Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Dynamic hidden Subform not visible after saving and opening.

Level 1

I have another mystery on my hands. I have a button that makes a hidden subform visible. Once clicked for viable the user can fill it out the boxes in the subform. Then when done the form is saved and when re-opened by the user to make correction or to print, this subform reverts to hidden, but the data is still there. Is there any way to keep this subform visible after filling out, saving and opening?

Any help or script ideas would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There are a couple of options but the simplest is probably to test the presence of data when the form opens. So, for example, if one of the fields in the subform is called hatsize, in the docReady event in a parent subform do something like

var fld1 = hatsize;   (or a path to it)

if (fld1.rawValue != "" && fld1.rawValue != null)  {

myForm.presence = "visible";

}

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There are a couple of options but the simplest is probably to test the presence of data when the form opens. So, for example, if one of the fields in the subform is called hatsize, in the docReady event in a parent subform do something like

var fld1 = hatsize;   (or a path to it)

if (fld1.rawValue != "" && fld1.rawValue != null)  {

myForm.presence = "visible";

}

Level 1

I will try it and get back to this form.  Thanks for the reply

Level 10

Also, in File>Form Properties>Defaults make sure that the option to "preserve scripting changes to form when saved" is set to Automatically.

Level 1

fbook, thanks for your post, worked perfectly!  I going to  nominate you for a distinguished service award!

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----