Expand my Community achievements bar.

Duplicate Drop Down entries

Level 1

I have a form that I created in Adobe 8 professional.  It has a script that is located under Variables that is similar to the partNoScript in the Purchase Order Sample. This array works perfectly on my computer but on some other computers it produces a double list of the array variables.  On one form I was able to recreate the issue on my computer (don’t know how I did it) and even though I did not save this form every time I opened that version of the form after that incident occurred it caused the list to appear double.  On new versions of this form this does not happen on my machine but when I email them to another user who has Adobe 9 Professional on their computer the list appears doubled.  I had them copy the form to their computer before they opened the form to help rule out interactions with MS Outlook or temporary folders.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this problem?

Thanks

Carol

4 Replies

Level 2

Ok.  I think I discovered what causes the double list.  It happens when the form is opened in Adobe Professional when the user rights are enabled.  If the user rights are not enabled the drop down list is correct.

Now the question is why this is producing this result and how to resolve it?

Thanks

Carol

Level 6

As you said you have a script to load the DD values I suspect you may be calling the loading script with out clearing the current list. Try adding one line of code in your script right before you start adding the values from array.

Following is just an example to clear the list.

form1.Sec4Head.DropDownList1.clearItems();

Good Luck

Level 1

This worked.

Thanks for your help.