Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Duplicate Data Fields Help Needed

Former Community Member

We have a 9 page Word form that has some duplicate information, have converted it to LiveCycle but am stuck on finding out how to have the data from one field also show in another so the user does not have to enter twice.  Eventually we will remove the duplicate fields, but for many reasons, right now they must remain.  I don't want a Contractor to have to enter their Company name twice, etc., and have my main data collection form in the front of the 9 pages, and then when they get to the last page with sigs, etc., I would like what they've already entered for their Company information to show.

I am very new to Designer ES, and when I did some forms in Adobe 9.0 Forms awhile back, all I needed to do was to name the fields the same and if I entered info in one it would show in the other.  ES does not seem to do that, and I can't seem to find out how to add any code to the field.  Don't know why but alot of my options are grayed out.

Anyway, would very much appreciate help, thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Giving them the same name is only one part of the solution ....you have to change the binding (on the Object palette/binding tab) to Global.

Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Giving them the same name is only one part of the solution ....you have to change the binding (on the Object palette/binding tab) to Global.

Paul

Former Community Member

Thank you, worked like a charm, I have alot to learn and appreciate the help.

Level 3

Can you use data binding and global on fields in LiveCycle?

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----