Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dropdown like google search ("AJAX")

Level 2

Hi guys,

I apolozies for my english.

I'm trying to make a dropdown that allows you to enter text and when I change the field content (change event), I look for a literal in the array that I have in a script object.
The problem is I do not load the content in the change event, but I have to lose focus of the dropdown and enter again to charge me the list.
I've proven change a xfa.host.setFocus object (object) and back again to the dropdown, but when I go back in the dropdown select the text I had entered and not intuitive.
summaries need is in order to load the list or else an order to put the cursor at the end of the dropdown content.

This is the code I have in the change event:

var aEns = scoAux.arrEns;

var sValue = xfa.event.newText.toUpperCase();

if( xfa.event.prevText != sValue )

{

this.clearItems();

for( i = 0 ; i < aEns.length ; i++ )

{

var sNameEns = aEns[i][0].toUpperCase();  

var iResult = sNameEns.indexOf( sValue );

if( iResult != -1 )

{

this.addItem( aEns[i][0] , aEns[i][1] );

}

}

xfa.host.openList(this);

}

else

{

xfa.event.selEnd = 0;

}

Thank you very much in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Sure do! That's a good one. Wish I found that a few years ago before I made my own. Mine is a tad faster but not worth all the coding I had to do.

www.fieldeffecttechnologies.com/CountriesFilter.zip

Kyle

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Thanks Kyle,

I can't download the file "Drop-Down List Control with auto-complete (Countries with filter).zip", have you got this file? Can you upload, or atch file?

ZAMPAZAMPA

Correct answer by
Level 8

Sure do! That's a good one. Wish I found that a few years ago before I made my own. Mine is a tad faster but not worth all the coding I had to do.

www.fieldeffecttechnologies.com/CountriesFilter.zip

Kyle

Level 2

Hi Kyle,

its very frustrating and i so sorry to bother you so much but I can not download the file: (

Can you send to my mail? luis.gutierrez.p.1986@gmail.com

Sorry and thanks.

Level 2

Hi another time!!

I can download the file of this link: http://www.fieldeffecttechnologies.com/AdobeForums/

Thanks another time!

ZAMPAZAMPA