Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Dropdown displayed values

Level 1

Hi,

I have a dropdown list populated from an external source in LiceCycle designer. The user requires to select a value from the list by entering part of the description, this works fine if the description begins with the value the user is entering but it does not work if the value is contained in other parts of the description.

Example user enters NORTH and the dropdown list should be filtered as she/he enters the text and should contain all the occurrences:

Search.JPG

I took at look at the properties and methods of the dropdown object but I couldn't find anything that controls how the values are filtered. Since the list contains 1000+ values, I saved the list in an array and tried to 'rebuild' the dropdown by newText property and a regular expression in event.the event Change but it is too slow.

I appreciate any suggestion you may have.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

Level 10

Usually the dropdown by default, filters the data based on the character by character comparision as you type in. I do not think we have any option to search a word in the list.

The alternative approach would be provide a text box for the user to type in and click on Search (Button). Based on the search you can filter your array values and then populate the dropdown. As you mentioned if you use the change event it will have an overhead.

Thanks

Srini