Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Drop-down list, over riding the entry?

Level 8

Hello,

I am developing an VISITOR Adobe Interactive Form, i have Designer 8.1 and Reader 9.0 in my Windows 7 Laptop. When i checked the menu EDIT-->form properties --> Compatability, its Adobe XML form File (XDP)

When i opened this VISITOR interactive form in a browser, right clicking and checked form PROPERTIES, then i saw the "PDF Version: 1.6 (Acrobat 7.x)"

I have a bunch of drop-downs in my interactive form, done by dragging & dropiing the 'Drop-down list' object, at the end i binded it with some data source, working fine, say its COUNTRY list.

As soon as use opened the form, he saw the 'USA' prepopulated in the drop-down field, fine.

User dropped down the entries, he saw a couple, like USA, Canada, UK, Spain, fine.

But, now user want to enter / override this USA entry with his own value, like FRANCE, but, my form is not allowing, its behaving like a 'readOnly' field!

Pls. let me know how to over ride a entry of drop-down values, as per user wanting value?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

If I understand your issue properly, then I think what you need to do is

check the "Allow Custom Text Entry" box on the FIELD page of the OBJECT

palette. It can be found under the area where you define the list items in

your drop down list.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 3