Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Drop down choices changing by themselves after emailing form, but remaining the same for sender.

Level 1

image.pngimage.pngI have created a form with drop down fields. When I save the form as a PDF and email it, the recipients form has several drop downs changed, but not all of them. It remains correct on my end. How do I fix this? I have even gone in the form and copied a cell that doesn't change and pasted to all of other cells. AS you can see from the screen shots, The top one is what I created, saved and emailed. The bottom one has several "credit types" that have changed. 

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

it's not as easy to pinpoint exactly why it is behaving this way, but by the look of it I might have an idea.

Looks like your table is static, I mean you do not duplicate a row by adding / removing rows, so every rows have their respected objects.

It is possible that the software misinterpret the data and confuse some fields from one another... since you had the fields copy-pasted, you should make sure to have each fields have a different name.

I am not sure if this will fix your problem, but it's worth giving it a try, I had a similar issue once and that fixed it.

I hope this will help.

Employee
any chance that you share the form with us - otherwise we are guessing wildly....?

Employee
thanks - I thought you created that with the Adobe Forms Designer - but the PDF looks like an Acrobat Form. I will have a look and see if I can spot what the problem is.

Level 1
I am completely new to Adobe, and basically had to watch you tube videos just to create this. Would Adobe Forms be a better platform for me to use?

Employee

@jrpasillasI looked at your form and tried to recreate this situation by sending it via e-mail, printing it, re-saving it and opening it in different browsers. It never showed that behaviour.

How do the recipients open the form? Do they use Adobe Reader, other PDF viewers?

When you send out that form - is it still changeable? Could it be that someone accidentally changed the drop-down? If this is some form result statement. Would it not be better to print that form (to PDF) and send it as e-mail? It cannot be changed then.

I cannot see any reason why the drop-downs would change value. No scripting, No data binding - I assume you fill out that form manually? Or do you use a dataset to merge with the form (XML)?

How exactly are you sending the PDF?

Level 1

@Kosta_Prokopiu1 So I manually enter the information. Then I save it on my desktop. I then send it to recipients via email. They cannot change the form. It has happened multiple times, in multiple fields. When I attach to an email, it is correct. Once I send it, if I go back and look at the email I sent, some of the drop down fields have changed. And the recipients get the self changing form as well. I cannot print the form, we are all working from home and everything has to be digital. I have reverted to taking a screen shot of the correct form for now and sending it, but if this isn't something I can fix, I guess I will have to recreate the whole form? Thanks for trying to help.