Expand my Community achievements bar.

Does Designer ES 3 address the 64 bit email client problems ES2 had?

Level 2

Hi folks,

Happy new year...

Wondering if anyone knows whether ES3 has addressed the problems with email submit and 64 bit outlook (and similar).

I had to shelve a project mid 2012, that was dependant upon data that was to be submitted by clients using a standard email back button (built in ES 2 8.2) - as the recipients who were running 64 bit systems (particularly those with outlook 2010 64 bit) kept getting the error message that no email client could be found..... I ran up a test system and had the same problem myself. As a fair proportion of the client would by then have already been on 64 bit systems/email clients, that rendered that approach untenable (and there weren't the funds for the full livecycle suite - or reader extensions (unfortunately)

After fooling about with the registry settings it can be got to work - but you can't expect a client to be willing to do that.....

Does anyone know if 64 bit compatibility issues have been fixed in ES3 (particularly the email client issues - outlook 2010 (64 bit)

I like working with LD and i'm happy to pay for an upgrade/buy another licence - but not if the issue persists....

Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Thank you.

3 Replies

Level 2

I have run all the available outlook updates (one website suggested this as a fix) and still all i am getting is:

"Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfil the messaging request; please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client."

Needless to say outlook is set as the default email client and everything else is otherwise up to date/correctly installed.

We dont have a lot of funding (otherwise would ditch the email back method) - ANY fix for this method?

Level 2

Hi radzmar,

thanksfor the reply - I have already patched my registry keys to work (using that method) - my problem is really our (intended) clients - we built for email back and with 64 bit becoming common we're a bit stuffed.

I was hoping es3 might have addressed this issue natively .... unfortunately we dont have the means for a full livecycle server solution so email back was our best bet (or looked like it was before this issue...)

cheers