Expand my Community achievements bar.

Documentation for category "My LiveCycle Tools", createDomDocument

Level 3

Using LiveCycle Workbench ES2, v 9.0.0.1.20100511.1.236086

Disclaimer - I'm a novice in Workbench, and with adobe development tools, so please be patient if I am asking naive questions or going about things in a goofy way, or neglecting to include salient details.

We are attempting to use the "createDomDocument" service operation provided by service "myLiveCycleTools".  I have been unable to find any documentation for this category or service.  Does it exist?

We are using the DOM Document that this service operation creates to store data extracted from a barcode.  In the event the barcode is not found, we would prefer to not generate an XML file with empty tags.  We were told by an adobe rep that if the "Document" variable is NULL that the file won't be written.  I can ensure that all of the internal tags are null, but not the root element which is specified as part of the configuration of the process properties in Workbench.  I was hoping the documentation would tell me how to null out the root element as well.  Other approaches to solve the problem of creating unnecessary empty files are welcome.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Level 8

I took a look at a couple of our installations for LC ES2 Update 1 (also known as 9.0.0.1) and I don't see a createDomDocument or a myLiveCycleTools service.  It looks like it may be a custom component/service.  Is there a possibility that someone in house or a contractor developed this for you?

If you use the BarcodedFormsService operation "Extract to XML" then you can get the data into an XML format.  Then using a setValue operation with the Node Set count function should tell you how many nodes there are in your XML.  That should allow you to make decisions as to if the XML object is empty or not.