Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have a sample of 2 dataconnections that fill dropdown lists?

Former Community Member

Thanks for your help in the past...it's been terrific!

Something I haven't done before...do you have a sample of this functionality?

I have 2 data connections, the first is all department names with their deptID. Then based on the selection I want to see only the employees in the second dropdown list based on the department selected in the first dataconnection to be retrieved into a second dropdown list (linking on the deptID),  Someone else has made the WSDLS and they say they are giving me  AllDepartmentsWSDL and AllDepartmentEmployees in the 2 wsdls. Make sense to you...hope so. All assistance greatly appreciated! 

2 Replies

Level 10

This scenario is widely used in forms design.

1.Create two data connections (one for All Departments and the other for All Employees under a given Department)

• Invoking first data connection is pretty simple as it does not require any input.
  • Second data connection requires an Input (DeptId) and return the Employee list for the given DeptId.

2.You will need to bind the First Drop-Down list as input to the second Data Connection.

3.On exit of the First Drop-Down, invoke the second Data Connection.

hence, each time the user changes the Department, the Web Service will get invoked with the selection DeptId.

Nith

Former Community Member

Tremendous! Will take a look shortly.

Had problems with the dataconnection not filling the first department names in the dropdown, LC give code that was confusing and I haven’t absorbed it all yet.

What you have written sounds very straight forward, thanks in advance. Will let you know how I succeed!