Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Displaying a form field across a multiple page fillable pdf

Level 1

I have a multiple page fillable pdf form constructed using LiveCycle Designer ES.  As I key in the First Name field on page 1, I want to have it auto-populate the same First Name field on page 2 and subsequent pages.  I've named both fields "fname" but it still doesn't auto-populate the second first name field after I have keyed in a first name in the initial first name field.

Suggestions?

Thanks ...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Select the object and in the Object > Binding palette, select the Global binding.

As long as the objects have the same name, information inputted into any of the fields will be automatically reflected in the others.

Good luck,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

Select the object and in the Object > Binding palette, select the Global binding.

As long as the objects have the same name, information inputted into any of the fields will be automatically reflected in the others.

Good luck,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 1

Niall,

Thanks a bunch ... worked perfectly!

One add'l question. I have a name and address field as well. I want to have the last line of the mailing address be a USPS Postnet Barcode, but with NO human readable number showing up under the barcode.

So, Ideally, as I key in the zip code in the zip code field (which will display a human readable number) it will auto-populate the USPS Postnet Barcode field. Seems like if I also had the same named field, but selected a different font for the bar-code field it would work ... but it doesn't.

Are you able to provide any guidance on this add'l question?

Thanks in advance ... Dennis

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cold drink  in one hand, saddle in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "Semper Fi baby!"

Level 10

Hi Dennis,

LC Designer comes with a number of barcode objects. One of these is the 'US Postal Intelligent Mail' barcode, which may be what you are after.

If you drag one onto the page, then go to the Object > Field palette, you can set the location to none so that the data is not visible.

If your users have Reader then you may run into Reader enabling issues with the barcode. I have not used this before so maybe someone else may be able to give you a better steer on this.

Good luck,

Niall

Assure Dynamics