Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Display pattern not working - add $ for a numeric/decimal field

Former Community Member

I've designed a form which has fields where I need to display currency(US) values.

I've made the fields as numeric type. I've added the display pattern as num.currency{} and also tried with num{($z,zzz,zzz9.99)}. But nothing seems to be working.

The amount value passed in the xml input is 7,002.978.

The result that I'm getting now is $0.00

When I changed the field to decimal type and added the same display pattern as above, the result that I get is BLANK:  $

I need to format it such a way that it displays $7,002.99 in the form. There's no limit for the leading digits and the digits after decimal point should be 2. Is there a way to get this by changing the "PATTERNS" properties?

Please let me know how I can get the pattern right.

I'm using LC Designer ES2.

2 Replies

Level 10

is there any code in you calculate event in FormCalc or JS?

Level 10

Hi,

By default it is not going to like the comma in your xml input, so you will need to change the data pattern.  Try using num{z,zz9.999}, which works for your example value.  With the comma it will treat the value as text and just display what it gets.

If your display pattern is num.currency{} then you will get two decimal places, but that makes the value $7.002,98.  I'm not sure how you get $7.002,99 ... is that just a type-o?

Regards

Bruce