Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Digital signatures

Former Community Member

This forum has been invaluable to me in the past and I grealy appreciate it!!!!!!

I have a form that requires 2 digital signatures and is to be submitted by email (after signature #1).

The first signature, Department Head, can NOT lock the form as the 2nd person, who will also digitally sign it, needs the ability to make changes.

(2nd sig is Assoc. Dean)

The form works as is but is there a way for the 1st signature to actually appear ON the form rather than as an attachment?

Currently it is set so that when #1 clicks the "submit by email" button a digital signature is required, which is correct.

What type of field can I put for #1 so that it shows on the form w/o locking all of the fields? Or is this even possible?

(#2 sig is a signature field, which does appear on the form, and also, as I understand it, locks the form from further changes. This one is perfect.)

Also, and if this needs to be a new/different discussion I can do so, the user needs the ability to attach a pdf (possibly more than one page/pdf) from websites to the form before emailing it.  Can this be done?

Thanks so much for any assistance you can provide.

Celeste

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

You can put in a digital signature that doesn't lock fields by doing the following:

Insert the digital signature field into your document. Click on the field and go to Object > Signature and in there there is a checkbox which says 'Lock Fields After Signing'. Just uncheck that box for the first signature and make sure it is checked for the second signature.

In regards to adding attachments to your form you can do so but you need to have Livecycle Reader Extensions which is an extra bit of software you need to buy which will allow you to 'unlock' features in Reader such as allowing users to add attachments.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

You can put in a digital signature that doesn't lock fields by doing the following:

Insert the digital signature field into your document. Click on the field and go to Object > Signature and in there there is a checkbox which says 'Lock Fields After Signing'. Just uncheck that box for the first signature and make sure it is checked for the second signature.

In regards to adding attachments to your form you can do so but you need to have Livecycle Reader Extensions which is an extra bit of software you need to buy which will allow you to 'unlock' features in Reader such as allowing users to add attachments.

Former Community Member

Thanks so much. Of course it's that easy; I tend to make things more difficult than they need to be/are. And that was using the help function!!

The attachments thing is going to be a problem though. Will have to find a work around.

Thanks again!