Expand my Community achievements bar.

Digital signature valid or invalid depending on the signing Windows user

Level 1

I have a very strange problem and was not able to determine how to resolve it because I quite don't undestand the mechanisms of signing, it seems.

I have a digital signature issued by a member of the "Adobe Approved Trust List". If I sign a document with Adobe Reader XI or Adobe Acrobat XI Standard logged in with one Windows user account the signature appears valid on any other Windows user account. If I use another Windows user account and sign the document with the same digital signature the signature is invalid in this Windows user account and any other.

I didn't change any settings in any of the Adobe products. I use the standard configuration as present just after a fresh install.

One thing I already checked, which nevertheless doesn't explain this strange behavior, is to enable Windows-Integration in the signature configuration of the Adobe products. If this is enabled both documents (the one signed with the "good" Windows user account and the other signed in a "bad" one) show the signature as valid on any Windows account.

So I am wondering if, besides the signature itself, anything else is integrated into a document while being signed that could explain that behavior and, if this is the case, where the setting, trigger, whatsoever, is, to set up Adobe correctly.

Please help.

0 Replies