Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Digital signature valid or invalid depending on the signing Windows user

Level 1

I have a very strange problem and was not able to determine how to resolve it because I quite don't undestand the mechanisms of signing, it seems.

I have a digital signature issued by a member of the "Adobe Approved Trust List". If I sign a document with Adobe Reader XI or Adobe Acrobat XI Standard logged in with one Windows user account the signature appears valid on any other Windows user account. If I use another Windows user account and sign the document with the same digital signature the signature is invalid in this Windows user account and any other.

I didn't change any settings in any of the Adobe products. I use the standard configuration as present just after a fresh install.

One thing I already checked, which nevertheless doesn't explain this strange behavior, is to enable Windows-Integration in the signature configuration of the Adobe products. If this is enabled both documents (the one signed with the "good" Windows user account and the other signed in a "bad" one) show the signature as valid on any Windows account.

So I am wondering if, besides the signature itself, anything else is integrated into a document while being signed that could explain that behavior and, if this is the case, where the setting, trigger, whatsoever, is, to set up Adobe correctly.

Please help.

0 Replies