Expand my Community achievements bar.

Designer ES creates issue in Reader 9.3.2 that Designer 8 doesn't???

Level 2

Basically, a college of mine and I have been trying to figure out why the exact same document create an error in Adobe Reader 9.3.2 using two different designer programs. I initially create a document using Designer ES which didn't work in REader 9.3.2 but did in earlier version. My college then copied my document and placed it into Designer 8. Without any changes he saved the documented and loaded up Reader 9.3.2. and it worked???? I am so confused. The error it's giving me is that the computer needs to upgrade to a new version of Adobe Reader, however some form elements will work. blah blah blah. The funny thing is, 9.3.2. is the latest version. Anyone have any ideas?

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you share the document so I can have a look at it?

You can send it to LiveCycle8@gmail.com

Also can you reference this discussion in the email.

Thanks

Paul

Level 2

I was affriad you were going to ask that... LOL. Unfortunetaly this is a confidential document that I can't hand out. arrgggg... frusterating as I am sure you'd be able to figure it out much easier that way.

Do you happen to know what the changes were in the newer release of Designier that could have affected this?

Matt

Former Community Member

There was nothing in that area ...that is why I am confused as well.

Paul

Level 7

I had the same issue with one of our users here at work. Have you tried uninstalling Reader completely and reinstalling it? That resolved the issue here.

Level 2

I did. Actually, I have reader 9.3.2 on 3 seperate computers and all of them show the exact same error. The funny part is that I wish I kept the old Reader version I had before as it worked fine. haha. It almost seems like there is a javascript error that cuases the problem in the new Reader version.

M