Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Designer crashes when opening form

Level 1

We have a form that was created with Designer, but I am no longer able to open it for editing. When I try, I get the error that LiveCycle Designer has stopped working. The last time I needed to update the form was about two years ago, which I was able to do without any issues. The form still opens and works fine in Acrobat, but I need to make a couple of changes to it now.

I'm using LC Designer ES4 (11.0.0.201303031.892433), and I'm able to edit other forms without any problems.

The form is at http://www.sussexcountyde.gov/sites/default/files/PDFs/Employment_application.pdf, if someone else could see if they also have the same issue when trying to open it in Designer?

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Debbie

3 Replies

Level 10

Here I can open your form with ES2. There's 2 different ways I can suggest you to try to keep your form.

1. Remove the usage rights for Additional Features, and try re-opening it...

2. Download the version I just imported in ES2 and resaved it for ya!

Employment_application_2.pdf - Google Drive

All I did was importing it, so you might consider reviewing it make sure its all good.

Level 1

Thank you for the assistance! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to open the version you saved either.

I uninstalled ES4 and installed ES3, hoping that the previous version might do the trick, but apparently I needed to go back even further. I installed ES2 and was finally able to open it. I guess now I need to figure out what's in the form that ES3 and 4 don't like...

Knowing that it could be opened in ES2 got me started in the right direction though, so your help is greatly appreciated!!!

Level 1

I found the issue that was preventing me from editing the file in ES3 (or 4).

There were two text fields that were just placed on the overall form. Once I moved them into the page 3 subform, ES3 didn't have any problems at all opening the file. Thank goodness! I really didn't want to be forced to use ES2 just because of this one form!

FormIssue.jpg