Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events

Database Integration

Former Community Member

Is there a way to integrate the forms which I did using Adobe LiveCycle Designer with oracle database.

My idea is the following:

1- User logon with UserName/Password

2- List of forms is dislpayed to choose from

3- Form is chosen

4- The fields of this form will be filled up depending on his UserName/Password

Like: Unit Name, Department Name, Employee Number, Employee Name, Employee Designation,...

5- Once he fill out the rest of the form's fields, he will have the submit button, which will send a copy of this form through e-mail to a specified user, where at the     end of the e-mail, a barcode for example, will be printed for authentication issues

I don't know if my idea will work using adobe products, but I will appreciate if anyone can tell me the way.

Regards,

2 Replies

Former Community Member

This can certainly be done. How you do it is a question of the products and technology at your disposal, your skill set, etcetera.

Steve

Former Community Member

The reason why I did use Adobe LiveCycle Designer is that in the corporate which I'm working in now, they have a number of hard copy reports which are filled out manually by hand, so I thought of having those forms on PC as a soft copy, where the user will fill it out using PC, a better layout and an easier way.

When I did show this to my manager, he liked the idea, and asked if it's possible that the fields on these forms will read from and write to the database so that the user input will be reduced as much as possible.

Currently they are using Oracle Technology (like: forms, reports, DB,...) the thing which I did using  Adobe LiveCycle Designer is possible with Oracle technology also, but I thought of using  Adobe LiveCycle Designer and see how things will work out, and it's really nice.

I'm new to Adobe LiveCycle Designer, and I thoguht if you could tell me if there are any specific tools I can use to let this be possible.