Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Data to PDF417 Barcode

Level 2

A software architect at my company found out that you can have data that are entered into fields within a form go automatically into one of these barcodes that you can place either near the field or on a page near the end of the form.  I located the PDF417 barcode within the object library; however, I cannot seem to figure out how you attached field(s) so that the data goes into the barcode.  Is this something that can be accomplished in Livecycle?  If so, how?

1 Reply

Former Community Member

There are a couple of ways to populate the barcode from Designer. First, is the manual coding method. In the "calculate" or (preferably) the "pre-print" event you change the .rawValue of the barcode object and change it to the value of the fields you wish to include. Alternatively there is a fairly good script generator built into designer that is accesible through the barcode object properties UI. Here you can have the content of the barcode auto-filled based on the entire form or selected fields in a collection. As a general rule of thumb: never select XML as your barcode data format and don't use the auto-generated code on a form with more than 30 or 40 fields.