Expand my Community achievements bar.

creating a tree of fields (Hierarchy)

Level 2

So i have been posting alot in this forum and seems to all my answers it would make my life easier if I can create certain bits of javascript in livecycle as global.

How do i create a tree of text fields.

I have read somewhere that I should have one textfield as "Test" then all its children as "Test1", "Test2" , etc

Somewhere else I read that I should have Test as parent with Test.1   Test.2 etc for children

Looking at the Hierarchy pallete, Im not seeing any difference in how the fields are placed.They seem to all be on the same level.

(Everything is my parent below)

7-7-2010 11-17-06 AM.png

How do you create the hierarchy?

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Wrap the items that you want in a subform. The subform node becomes the parent and the objects you wrapped are the child nodes.

Paul

Former Community Member

In your hierarchy find "(Variables)" at the bottom.  Put in your universal javascript functions here.  It acts as a JS page. It should be directly above the "(Referenced Objects)" or create it by right clicking the root and choose "Insert Script Object".  If I have a javascript function that doesn't work in the events, I put it here as a function and can execute them from the event.