Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Copy all instances

Level 3

Hello,

I would like to copy the data from a variable number of fields in a repeatable subform and paste them somewhere else.

How would I do this? I assume using the instance manager and maybe this.parent.index somehow...

Thank you for your time.

2 Replies

Level 3

Still struggling with this but I have found some code that is making me think I am close.

My thought for the code below is to have click event

• check the number if instances in a subform
  • create that exact amount of instances in another subform
  • copy the contents of the first subform instances into an array
  • paste the contents of this array in the new instances.

// on click vent

// create new empty array

var ofirstArray = [];

for (var i = 0; i < _nameSubform1.count; i++) // this is the total number of instances in nameSubform1 ...
{
  // get a reference to the nameSubform1[i] object
  var oSub1 = this.resolveNode("nameSubform1[" + i + "]");
  // set the value of its textfield object

oSub1.textField.rawValue = ofirstArray[]; // fill this array with the contents of the instanced text field within nameSubform1
}

// now that we have the array filled paste the contents

// into a new subform with the same number of instances

_nameSubform2.setInstances(x); // x should be equal to _nameSubform1.count

for (var i = 0; i < _nameSubform2.count; i++) // this is the total number of instances in nameSubform2...
{
  // get a reference to the nameSubform2[i] object
  var oSub2 = this.resolveNode("nameSubform2[" + i + "]");
  // set the value of its textfield object

oSub2.textField2.rawValue = ofirstArray[i]; // fill these text fields with the contents of the array created above from nameSubform1
}

I just confused myself there...I'm thinking now I can do it all in one for loop. I need help.

Former Community Member

Your technique is right but you will have to copy each field in the subform to the other subform .....not just the subform nodes.

paul