Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Control presence - function change with platform

Level 1

Hi Folks,

I have a form with two controls that have the Object Presence set to Visible (Screen Only). The controls do not print in Acrobat 9 Pro or with Reader X, but they print in Acrobat Standard 9 and Reader 9. This is the case whether the form is saved as a static PDF or dynamic XML. Any suggestions why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thanks!

4 Replies

Level 1

Still having this problem. Anyone have a suggestion?

Level 7

You might get a better response if you were to upload the form somewhere and post a link, it would be helpful to be able to see the form and look at how you've got the fields in question set up. Other things that might help, which version of Designer did you use to create the form? What's the target version the form is set to? If you can strike a balance between giving more info and not writing a book it helps a lot.

djaknow

Level 1

If I create a form and place two controls on it (Reset Form & Print Form) using LC Desiger version 8.2.1.4029.1.523496 on a 32 bit Windows 7 machine, when I open the form in Acrobat Pro version 9.4.5 on the same machine, the control visibility function works as it's supposed to. When I open the form on a Win XP machine running Acrobat Standard version 9.4.5 the controls print, even though visibility is set to screen only.

I wonder if it has something to do with creating the file on a Win 7 machine and reading it on a win XP machine?

Link to file: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B0pc4zLSYL1jNDAzMDI0ZmQtNDE0ZC00O...