Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Content Moves to Next Page When Instance Manager is Invoked

Level 2

Greetings Livecycle Designer Forum,

I was able to successfully produce my first LiveCycle Designer dynamic XML PDF (yay!), but there is one minor bug that I have not been able to work out.

• If you open the attached PDF, you will notice that there are buttons running down the right side of the form.

• Clicking on any of these buttons in PDF preview will invoke the Instance Manager to expose or hide the related subform.

• Each related subform which contains a multiline text box. The subform is set to "Flow".

• Everything works well except when a flowed subform is exposed, the other unrelated sections and subforms will move to page 2 leaving lots of blank space on the bottom of page 1.

• If I go to page 2 and select the next button, this section and its related subform will move back to page 1.

So the question is:

How can I keep the other sections/subforms on page 1 until space runs out on the preset border?

Thanks,

Hyundai Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The problem is that in the pagination tab, you have ticked "keep with next", which is forcing the subsequent subforms to initially stick together on page 2. Try unticking "next"

Parallels Desktop1.png

Good luck,

Niall

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The problem is that in the pagination tab, you have ticked "keep with next", which is forcing the subsequent subforms to initially stick together on page 2. Try unticking "next"

Parallels Desktop1.png

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Hi Niall,

Un-ticking "next" in my subform's pagination tabs solved the issue.

Many thanks!

Hyundai Eric