Expand my Community achievements bar.

Connecting drop-down to 2 or more text fields

Level 2

Hi All,

I know how to connect a drop down to fill in a text field using global data binding, which is great.  Is there a way to connect a drop down to more than 1 text field?

For example, I have a drop down list of 30 people and I would like to populate a phone # field, an email address field and then a dept name field when a person is selected. Can I still use the global data binding and how would I go about it? If it's a matter of coding just be aware I know very little about coding so dumb it down for me

Thanks!

Cory

7 Replies

Level 2

Hi Srini,

Thanks for the sample.  I've tried my best to duplicate your coding, but I'm obviously missing something.  Can you take a look?

Thanks,

Cory

https://acrobat.com/#d=7dxpwtkZ0bmhmBKS28j*1Q

EDIT: I uploaded the doc to Acrobat, apparently that doesn't work either.  The error message states my pdf viewer cannot display this type of document. It's a PDF I'm not sure what else to do.  Any suggestions?  I'd really like to get my form finished and presented.

Thanks to all for your help

Level 2

I've managed to figure this out... now for my next (and hopefully LAST) question.

I want to do the same thing on page 2... have a drop down (different information) and when the user makes a selection, the remaining info fills into fields.

On page 2 I've named my subform JavaScript2, but it won't open up for me to put the script in, what am I doing wrong?  Should I name it something else?  I've also named the variable "data2" is this correct?

Thanks,

Cory

Level 10

Cory,

Can you send the form to LiveCycle9@gmail.com so I can have a look at it.. The above link for Acrobat does not work.

Please mention where the issue is in the form.

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

Here is the corrected form..I have used the same Script Object (Data) for Labs also.

https://acrobat.com/#d=DKl8dN9V1BMITKmx5rP6JQ

Please go thru the form and let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks

Srini

Level 2

Hi Srini,

Can the document be attached? I can't seem to use acrobat, it keeps telling me I need to upgrade my reader... I have 10.0.1, not sure how much newer I can get!

Thanks!

Cory

Level 10

Let me send it in the email to you.

Thanks

Srini